Click here to download for FREE.
My Kindergarten team and I introduce 2 or 3 high frequency words weekly. I created these words of the week take home posters for my students. Of course they also match my jungle/monkey theme in my classroom. Each week when I introduce the new High Frequency words I write them on the white board / smart board for the students to copy them. The students then take their mini-poster home and hang it where they can read it every day. In the beginning of the year we always take time to brainstorm places that would be great to hang our “Words of the Week” poster. I usually suggest hanging their poster on their refrigerator at home. Although refrigerator is always popular some other places that have been a home for our posters include, bathroom mirror (read the words while brushing your teeth), front door (read your words before leaving the house), and back of the cereal box. The last one made me smile because as a child I always remembered reading the back of the cereal box while eating breakfast. One parent told me they have taped it on the ceiling in their child’s bedroom right above their pillow. When their child gets ready for bed they read the words before being tucked in. I think this was a student who was sharing bunk beds and was on the top bunk. I had to share this idea with you because it was so creative.
I am joining in the blog hop fun. As a new blogger this is a great way to link up with others. I just love learning about everyone’s teaching styles and
stalking reading everyone’s ingenious
ideas. First, I want to thank Janice at Grade Three is the Place to Be
for hosting this Newbie Blogger Blog Hop.
Now on to the hop…
1. I currently live in Florida, but was born and raised in central Jersey.
2. I have always taught Kindergarten. I never thought I would be a Kindergarten teacher but I absolutely love it!
3. I have taught Kindergarten for 7 years now. This August will be starting my 8th. Oh my, where did the time go??
4. I just started blogging in June. I really am new at this.
5. Whenever faced with a blogging question/dilemma I use Google to try and find out my answer. If that doesn’t work for me I am fortunate enough to have a very close friend who is very knowledgeable about blogging. Experience bloggers are always willing to help.
I hope you have time to link up and enjoy this blog hop.