Saturday, July 14, 2012

Yet another Freebie!



And the creativity keeps on rolling!  I am in total back to school mode, especially since my summer is officially over.  I am teaching summer school this year and this past Thursday was my first day back.   No more summer for meL.

I now must make my weekends count!  So, today I started my day off relaxing and sunbathing at New Smyrna Beach.  Beach days are always a great way to kick off the weekend.   Although my beach day was short, I didnt mind because I got to come back to my new addiction, My blog world!

I also had time to create some reading strategy posters for my classroom.  I have seen so many different types of reading strategies/comprehension strategies on TPT and I love them all.  However, all of the samples I have come across werent quite right for my classroom.  See, I teach Kindergarten and mainstreamed ESE (Exceptional Student Education) students.  Therefore, I find I really have to keep anything I do simple and straight to the point.  So I made a set of the 5 important reading strategies I thought would best fit my little readers.   


These are free on my TPT store. Click here if you want to download them. 

Sometimes I wonder if it is too simple/easy.  Maybe I should try to add more to challenge my students?  I kept going back and forth with this question all day.  And I thought each year is different.  Why not start small and build as the year goes on.   So 5 strategies is what I came up with for now, but as the year progresses maybe I will add some more.  Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.  Any suggestions on what I should add? 

7 comments:

  1. These are perfect! They are the exact same strategies that I begin with, too. I love your zebra blog...too cute! I'm heading over to check out your TpT store now! Yay!
    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my TpT store. There is not a lot of items there now. But I hope to keep adding new items.

      Delete
  2. These posters are great! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,
    Welcome to blogging from another newbie blogger! I found you via the "Learning is Something to Treasure" site. I love your animal themed products! Very creative!
    Come on over and visit my blog sometime!
    Corinna :)
    Teaching Fabulous Firsties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cute - and I think keeping it simple to start with and building up as you go is a fabulous strategy! I'm a new follower too!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete