Friday, August 31, 2012

Saving YouTube videos with Keepvid

Ok, so I just love singing with my little Kindergartners!  This year my class really enjoys singing along with me, they often tell me that singing songs is their favorite part of the day.  Of course it helps that all my songs are pretty much short little movie clips to help them learn visually too.  I find myself constantly searching YouTube for new learning songs/videos.  I am sure some of you already know about the wonderful world of Keepvid but just in case you haven't come across this lovely website I would love to introduce to you what it can do.  
This website can turn your favorite YouTube videos into a MP4 video file that can be saved to your computer.  Downloading and converting video clips is so easy.  Here is the "How To" for saving your favorite video clips from YouTube.

1.     Use the link address from youtube.  For the alphablocks link (see below) it would look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU4FKj0OmWs
2.    Click on the Keepvid link above to go to the keepvid.com website.
3.    Copy and paste your YouTube link into the box (on the Keepvid website) that says "enter the link of the video you want to download." 
4.    Click Download button. (Click the small grey button to the right side, do not click on the large download button)

5.    Click Download MP4 (Usually in dark blue letters).
6.    Now you can save this video to your files. 

I hope this is helpful to some of you, Enjoy!

My latest favorite video clips include the "Alphablocks".  If you have not watched any of these videos please search them in YouTube.  My little ones love when I play anything Alphablocks.  


Before you go I want to tell you about Tonya's Treats for Teachers giveaway.  
She has reached 500 followers and is giving away great items!  Go check it out!

Until next time!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the instructions on using Keepvid, I am going to have to try it! I am your newest follower. Stop by my blog sometime!
    Dana
    Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete