Monday, August 6, 2012

Writing Journal Free to the First 5 bloggers

I finally finished "My First Writing Journal" just in time to head back to school.   I knew last year that I wanted to improve my students' writing skills.  I get so tired of them always writing "I like ..."  or "I can..."  Don't get me wrong I love it when my students use their sight words to create sentences but I want them to know they can do so much more.  So I got to thinking, I need to expose them to writing sentences from the start of the school year.  I do focus on handwriting for the most part in the beginning of the school year but why not have them trace and copy to help expose them to more writing!  I am pretty pleased with it overall but I would love any extra feedback.   So I am offering this journal for FREE to the first 5 bloggers who make a comment on this post.  When you comment I would love to know any great writing strategies you use in your classroom.  This journal is also on my TpT store for $3.00.  



7 comments:

  1. Michelle,
    WOW! Your journals look great!! I would love to have a copy for my firsties.
    Crystal
    Ms. Jones’ Junction

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I use the spacers from lakeshore to help my kiddos with spacing-seems lefties have the hardest time with spacing!

    kellybrown28021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look super! Would love a copy for my little Aussie classroom...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you heard of using the OREO strategy for persuasive writing? Since that is now a common core standard for first grade, I am going to try the OREO (opinion, reason, explanation, opinion restated) method for helping my kiddos organize a persuasive paragraph! I hope I'm within 5...this packet looks great:)
    Synonym Rolls & Antonym Moments
    geteacher@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how I JUST found you blog ! I love it, you have so many great ideas that I plan to use with my kinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Breanna! So glad you found my blog. I don't have your email to send you the freebie. I will try to catch you on Facebook and get your information. So excited to share ideas with a sorority sista!

      Delete
    2. I love all of your ideas and this blog set up is very "you"! You are inspiring me to start my own blog. Can't wait to read more of your posts :)
      Breb511@hotmail.com

      Delete